Monday, October 13, 2008

I love lamp

Am I just saying that I love lamp because it piqued the fancy of my girlfriend Jessie? Am I just saying that I love lamp because she later put it together for me almost entirely on her own?

No, I'm saying it because t’s actually a pretty sweet lamp. Plus, I can't resist a good Anchorman reference.

Anyway, back to the lamp. It’s different. Has a sort of sheik, trendy appeal. It’s unlike any lamp I’ve ever had. But it’s cool. It gives the corner of the room some character—not to mention light. Plus, it has shelves where I can put a couple of photo frames and other “knickknacks” (or so I was told).
Here it is all by it's lonesome.

With the new lamp and soon-to-be-arriving recliner, the living room is really coming together nicely.

Now I face the real challenge. After being treated to Applebees on Saturday and to a delicious homemade dinner from Jessie's mom last night, I face the prospect of trying to cook a real meal on my own. Details to follow, I’m sure. Print this post

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really is a hip lamp. You should mention something about how the black of the lamp and the brown leather of the picture frames you got to put on its shelves really help bring together the brown/black leather furniture...

Hm, who thought of that brilliant idea? She must be almost as bright as that lamp.

Molly said...

I really did love that lamp. Miss Jessie Badach, your interior designer, did a lovely job!