For Christmas, my aunt and uncle upgraded to a flat screen TV in their basement, and now they’re looking to get rid of their standard 35” TV.
Here’s the situation. I currently have two TVs. In my main room, I have my 27” standard box television set, which sits on a wooden TV stand that has a swivel top so I can rotate the screen. The TV fits perfectly on the stand, but would probably be too small for a larger TV.
Additionally, I have a small 17” flat screen in my bedroom that I bought after moving into my apartment. It currently sits on top of my dresser, which is where the old 27” TV used to rest when I lived at home.
My aunt and uncle are willing to give me the 35” TV as long as I move and install it. They have a stand, too, but I haven’t seen it yet. My question is, is it worth the hassle of moving it?
If I get it, I then have one more TV than I have rooms in my apartment. So, either I put away the flat screen and move my 27” back to the bedroom. Or, I put away the 27” to leave the newer but smaller flat screen in use.
It would be nice to have a bigger TV, and I think the difference between a 27” and 35” screen would definitely be noticeable, but it’s hard to tell if it would work out without seeing it in place. It’s possible that it could be too big for the space I have allotted, especially if the stand doesn’t rotate the way the current one does. If that’s the case, the viewing experience might actually be lessened despite the greater screen size.
Yes, I do spend a good amount of time watching TV, so this is an important decision. Still, it’s hard to turn away a big, free TV. If only my apartment had a third room, then I’d be all set with another set.
Weigh in with your thoughts below. TV or not TV?
Print this post
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm confused as to why you think you can only have one television per room. They do run multiple football games simultaneously, you know.
(And can you believe the Eagles are in the playoffs? What the hell?)
Hmm...that is a possibility that I overlooked. I'd have to figure out where to put the second TV and invest in a cable splitter to get it to work, but it's definitely worth considering. Multiple football games has a nice ring to it.
And, on behalf of the Raiders, you're welcome as our win over Tampa opened the door for your Eagles. They sure looked good against Dallas.
Post a Comment