OK, so I actually cannot stand that song and I clear the wedding dance floor each and every time it comes on. Why is this song mandatory at wedding receptions? Can we move on already?
The real reason for the post title is that I had no more clever way of relating the news that I called Penelec and had my soon-to-be-apartment's electric bill transferred into my name. Woohoo! My first of too many bills to come!
The best part of the whole 15-minute ordeal? Penelec's automated telephone service that quickly makes you forget which end of the conversation is being conducted by a machine. By the time I reached the seventh spoken command to get me to a service representative, my responses were so monotonous and unemotional (so as to be recognized clearly to the listener-bot on the other end) that I was almost unable to respond to the woman's first question once I finally got her on the line. (Her question, by the way, was, "What is your name?)
Anyway, I cleared that hurdle and the rest of the conversation went just swimmingly so I think I'm good to go with electric. Exciting, I know.
Next up, well, aside from actually getting the apartment key, is getting cable and Internet set up so I can watch ESPN and whatever other channels exist these days and keep up this blog.
If you though this post was riveting, just imagine all the fun that is yet to come...
Print this post
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I love that song! It's a classic!
Post a Comment