Monday, September 22, 2008

Feeling sick and not feeling

While I wait on the call from my landlord telling me when I can get first crack at my new apartment (it will be no later than Oct. 1, but it will likely be sooner), I am feeling quite miserable.

Ah, the power of the common cold to bring one down. Well, that and a fourth quarter collapse from the Raiders yesterday afternoon. OK, so the cold officially hit me before that, but I think the symptoms definitely worsened afterward.

Anyway, I spent the work day guzzling various vitamin enhanced waters and juices and obnoxiously blowing my nose every 10 minutes. Fun times.

As for the other half of the title of this post? Well, I jammed my pinky finger playing basketball last week. The next day it was swelled and a nasty bruised purple. Most of the purple is now gone and so is the swelling, but I’ve yet to regain feeling in the tip of my pinky. It’s like when your arm falls asleep, except it’s just the tip above my top knuckle and it’s lasted nearly a week. So, maybe it’s hibernating.

Anyway, that’s my self-pitying rant for the day. It’s really not that big of a deal, but sometimes these little things are just annoying. Hopefully I’ll feel better and my pinky will feel again soon. Print this post

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sick building.

Matt Hubert said...

You do realize that's not a very anonymous post considering how many people use the phrase "sick building."

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA

Anonymous said...

How is your pinky doing by the way? I haven't heard you complaining about it lately haha.